You’ve seen awnings before. Perhaps your neighbor has some on their home, or your favorite retail shop has one over their entrance. But did you know that the benefits of window awnings including saving you money and increasing the value of your home? Read on to learn more about awning benefits.
Benefits of Window Awnings
What are the perks of window awnings? There are several, but these are the top four:
1. Increase Your Home’s Curb Appeal
Our awnings come in an array of colors, patterns and designs. From simple cream to blue-and-white striped options and more, awnings can add to your curb appeal in the following ways:
- They add texture and dimension to your home. Homes often feature boxy designs and straight lines. Awnings will break up those harsh edges. We offer scalloped and straight awnings for you to choose from.
- They create an alluring effect for your outdoor spaces. Nothing welcomes you or your guests into your home like a beautiful awning display. In addition to their looks, awnings also create a more inviting outdoor space since they provide shade on hot summer days and can protect you from a sudden downpour.
2. Provide Shade, Energy Efficiency and UV Protection
In addition to adding curb appeal, awnings can provide practical benefits such as shade, energy efficiency and UV protection:
- Shade: No one wants to hang out for hours in the blistering sun. If your yard is particularly sunny, an awning will produce shade so you can relax comfortably and get more use from your outdoor space.
- Regulate House Temperature: Awnings prevent an abundance of sunlight from entering your home. This means your house will stay cooler without your AC having to work as hard.
- Protect Yourself and Your Family From UV Rays: With an awning, you can better protect yourself and your family from the harmful effects of the sun while still being able to enjoy it.
3. Add Value to Your Home
If you’re looking to increase your home’s value, awnings are an affordable way to do so. You can receive up to 70% of your initial costs if you sell your home with an awning installed. An awning may also help help attract buyers that might otherwise overlook your home.
4. Lower Energy Costs
Since your home will receive more shade with an awning, it can keep the interior cooler on a hot summer day. This means your air conditioner won’t have to work as hard and can save you money in energy costs — up to 20% in some cases. With your savings in energy expenses, your awnings will pay for themselves.
Ready to Install Your Awning? Contact Liberty Door and Awning
We’ve been proudly delivering unmatched customer experiences and seamless garage door and awning installation for over 50 years. If you’re ready to install an awning on your home or would like more information, contact us today.