New Jersey summers can get hot. When July's heat waves roll through town, many property owners may lose access to their valued outdoor spaces because the heat is simply too much. Fortunately, there's an easy solution for home and business owners looking to create a more comfortable patio space on their property.
Pergola canopy shades provide excellent overhead coverage from the sun's powerful rays and create comfortable, shady spots where families and friends can enjoy relaxing together outdoors. Thanks to motorized functionality, tension shade canopies are easier than ever to operate.
At Liberty Door and Awning, we specialize in installing tensioned shade pergola canopies on properties throughout New Jersey. Work with us for great rates on efficient tension shade installation and repair services.
What Are Motorized Retractable Pergola Canopies?
Motorized pergola shades consist of three essential components — a pergola structure, a durable fabric shade and a motorized operating system. The components work together to create an easy-to-operate outdoor barrier between your patio furnishings and the hot sun above. Install motorized pergola shades to provide complete shade over a portion of your patio or cover an existing glass-roof pergola structure.
Tension shade canopies offer versatility that allows them to integrate seamlessly with any residential or commercial property. The structures either attach to the building's exterior walls, rest on support legs or a use combination of the two. For maximum longevity, tension canopies are retractable when not in use, allowing property owners to save their shade system from damage during periods of intense wind or rain. Many modern models come with motor-powered functionality, making operation even easier.
Tensioned shade pergola canopies from Liberty Door and Awning come in various customizable frame and fabric options, allowing you to find the best model for your property.
Benefits of Tension Shade Pergola Canopies
Retractable pergola canopies allow homeowners to enjoy time outdoors in comfort. When you install a tension shade canopy on your property, you'll:
- Stay cool outside: You'll be more likely to use your patio when it's cool. Enjoy time outdoors with your family and friends comfortably under a reliable fabric shade.
- Save energy: Tension shades prevent the sun from reaching your patio. They also absorb and disperse heat before it permeates your walls, doors or windows. As a result, you'll put less strain on your air conditioning unit and save money on utility bills all summer long.
- Shade more space: Tensioned shade canopies cover as much as twice the amount of space as regular awnings, allowing you to shade a greater portion of your patio.
- Protect glass roofs: Prolonged exposure to heat can cause a glass canopy roof to warp or crack. Covering your existing pergola structure with a heavy-duty fabric will mitigate the effects of heat damage.
- Enhance your home's exterior design: Tension shades come in various dyed fabric options, allowing property owners to choose a model that complements their building's exterior.
Contact Liberty Door and Awning
New Jersey property owners interested in installing a motorized retractable pergola canopy at their home or business can count on Liberty Door and Awning's experienced team for affordable products and installation services. To get started, contact us to schedule a consultation or receive a free quote.