Are you looking for a cost-effective way to add style and comfort to the exterior of your home? An awning could provide the perfect solution. Installing a retractable awning over your patio, deck or other outdoor living space enables you to create a beautiful, shady oasis ideal for relaxing and entertaining. Awnings can also provide a solid return on investment.
7 Benefits of Installing an Awning
Some of the many benefits of an awning installation include:
- Improved appearance: Awnings are available in a wide variety of attractive colors, styles and patterns that will complement your home’s exterior. The right awning can make your home stand out and significantly enhance its curb appeal.
- Outdoor enjoyment: Covering a deck or patio with an awning enables you to spend more time outdoors. If you’re entertaining guests, the awning will shield them from the sun or rain. It can also help you create a private outdoor sanctuary that’s ideal for relaxing at the end of a long day.
- Flexible living space: A retractable awning gives you more control over your living space. You can expand or retract it as you wish to determine the amount of sunshine or shade the area receives at any time.
- Property protection: An awning protects a patio or deck, outdoor furnishings and your home’s exterior from the sun’s damaging UV rays and the effects of prolonged exposure to snow and rain. By doing so, awnings can provide excellent long-term value for your money.
- Energy savings: Did you know that you can also save on your energy bills with awnings? They provide shade for your windows and help keep hot air from entering your home. Your air conditioning system won’t have to work as hard, which can result in substantial energy savings. According to the Professional Awning Manufacturers Association, an awning can reduce cooling costs by up to 50% in hot climates.
- Increased market value: If you decide to sell your home, many prospective buyers will view an awning as an attractive feature that will increase the value of your property.
- Easy care: Most awnings are simple to care for and maintain. The cleaning process entails brushing off loose dirt and debris, spraying the surface with a cleaning solution of mild soap and water, wiping it with a soft-bristle brush, rinsing the soap residue and allowing the awning to air dry. You won’t have to spend money on professional cleaning services.
Contact Liberty Door and Awning to Learn More
If you live in New Jersey, Liberty Door and Awning can install a beautiful awning from a leading manufacturer such as Aristocrat or Globe Canvas. We have the right awning for any home, and you’ll also receive fast, professional installation. Our installers are full-time employees, not third-party contractors, so you can always count on the quality of our work!
To learn more about the aesthetic, protection and saving benefits of awnings, give us a call at (732) 286-3667 today. You can also contact us online to schedule a no-obligation awning consultation.