It’s tax season, and if you end up with a refund, you might be thinking about where to spend that money. Many people choose to invest their tax returns into their home.
If you’re planning to go that route, we recommend planning now so that when your check comes in the mail, you already have your tax fund home improvement ideas all lined up. Keep reading to discover the tax return home project ideas that add the most value to your home.
Top Five Tax Refund Home Improvement Ideas
These tax refund home improvement project ideas are simple, affordable and valuable. Here are five ideas to get you started.
1. Replace Your Garage Door
Garage doors are something you use every day. Often times, they’re the door you go in and out of the most. Seeing as your garage door is as much a part of your home as you are, replacing it every once in a while is like adding a healthy habit to your lifestyle — it makes you feel better. We offer a wide selection of Clopay garage doors that will give your home a valuable update.
2. Adding Awnings to Your Home
Awnings are an ideal item to add to your home for a variety of reasons. These are just a few:
- Awnings add curb appeal to your home. They create added outdoor space while also adding to your home’s exterior aesthetic.
- They can save you money on your energy bill. Awnings help boost your home’s energy efficiency. By providing shade on summer days, the inside of your home stays cooler without your AC having to work as hard.
- They provide shade and shelter throughout the year. If your backyard patio is in need of shade or protection from the rain, installing awnings on your home is a way to provide extra shelter and make your outdoor space more useable.
3. Consider Investing in Hurricane Shutters
If you live in an area prone to hurricanes, investing in hurricane shutters is a great way to invest your tax refund. It will also increase your peace of mind during the next hurricane season and add resale value to your home.
4. Install a New Front Door
When guests arrive at your home, they get their first impression from your home’s exterior. Help ensure that first impression is a good one with a beautiful, updated front door. If you’re in need of a new entry door, this is the tax refund home project idea for you.
5. Service Your Home
Is anything broken in your home that you haven’t gotten around to fixing? Is your garage door making a funny sound? Are your awnings falling apart, or is your front door broken? Using your tax refund to fix what need to be repaired can help you enjoy your home even more.
Get in Touch With Liberty Door and Awning
We’re here to help you turn your chosen tax refund project ideas into reality. If you would like more information about how we can help, contact us today.