Spring and summer are the best times to sell a home. Families are looking to get moved and settled in before kids start school. Whether you’re planning to put your home on the market or not, take advantage of summertime to take on projects that will improve your home’s value. We’re not talking about breaking the bank here. There are plenty of smaller projects that can deliver a huge return on investment as it relates to your home’s value. Here’s a look at just a few ideas:
- An Emerald Lawn: Your home should make a first impression. From the moment someone pulls up to the curb or into the driveway, your home should look beautiful, enticing and attractive — and a thriving lawn is one great way to accomplish that. Summer is the best time to take measures to make your lawn look its best. Fertilizing, water, aerating and regular trimming (both mowing and edging) are great ways to ensure your lawn looks great — and that your lawn helps your home achieve its greatest value.
- Luscious Landscaping: Landscaping can go a long way toward increasing your home’s value, too. It’s not hard to plant growth that will make your home pop. Even hardscaping certain areas or creating paths that wend their way through your front yard to the back can help increase your home’s value.
- Outdoor Spaces: Expand your home’s livable area by creating outdoor spaces where people will want to spend time. One great way to do this is by installing a backyard awning. An awning can help keep you cool through the hottest months of the year and transform a space that’s previously gone unused to highly attractive and livable.
- Minor Interior Makeovers: When people think about increasing their home’s value, they think about major kitchen and bathroom renovations. That’s great, but it’s not where you’ll find your greatest return on investment. Make minor interior renovations, like adding a new backsplash to your kitchen, painting bathrooms or installing new cabinet and drawer handles and pulls. If you want to make a big impact, replace things that are less obvious but that hold great value — such as the water heater, the AC and the windows.
- New Entry Door: Here’s where you really start increasing your home’s value. A new entry door is one improvement that creates incredible return on investment. A beautiful new entry door is one of the best ways to see a return on investment and unlock the value-enhancing power of curb appeal.
- New Garage Door: Your garage door probably occupies a huge portion of your home’s curb-facing area. If it’s ugly or outdated, it’s going to hurt your home’s value. Conversely, if you have a garage door that complements your home’s architecture and enhances its curb appeal, that garage is going to increase the value of your home.
When you’re ready to access the value-enhancing benefits of a new awning, new windows or a new garage door, call on the team at Liberty Door & Awning. For more than 20 years, we’ve been serving New Jersey homeowners with outstanding products and customer service. We can offer the selection and make recommendations that can help you make the most of your home, whether you’re enjoying it yourself or looking to make a big return on a sale. Your home is most likely your biggest investment and asset, so make sure that it is reaching its full potential when you choose to work with Liberty Door & Awning.
Contact us today about enhancing the value of your home.